Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Rex Beckett
      Participant

Hello Patrick,

I am trying to use X32LiveAutoMate with an X32 Rack (firmware V4.02), X-Live card (firmware A12) and Contour ShuttlePro v2. X32LiveAutoMate is running on a Win10 laptop with direct Ethernet connection to the X32 using fixed IPs. I am struggling to get the basic transport controls working. The scrub controls work fairly well but other basic functions do not:

Stop (cntl-b) works sometimes but often needs multiple presses.
      Pause (cntl-e) starts recording. If the Shuttle’s Smart release option is on, it records for one second then stops.
      Play (cntl-f) doesn’t work at all.
      Record (cntl-g) doesn’t work at all.
      RtZ (cntl-h) works sometimes (like Stop).
      GtE (cntl-i) works sometines (like Stop).
      I have not yet checked the other, more advanced, controls.

Several times when testing the scrub controls the X-Live card froze – showing a time but would not respond to the console Play and Start. It was necessary to reboot the console to get the X-Live working.

Do you have any suggestions for solving these basic problems?

Best regards, Rex

Patrick
      Keymaster

Hi Rex,

Sorry about that. All ‘external controls’ work and act the same way (i.e. using the same method in X32XliveAutomate, going through the same driver). I don’t have a shuttle pro and tested all elements with a keyboard, and all worked fine with it.

I can buy a shuttle pro to test with it, but am reluctant to do so as I don’t have a use for it otherwise and it’s too big to sit on the Standard X32. I can also build a debug version of the tool and hand it to you so you can see/report the actual sequences the application recognizes when the Shuttle pro is in action.

Looks like the Shuttle pro may have some specifics or functionality too that may have to be shut off (like smart release). If it turns out a sequence of characters have to be sent rather than a single character, I’ll implement that.

I’ll build anyways a debug version tonight and will make it available to you. One point to also be careful about is that the Windows’ mouse pointer MUST be within the GUI window for the control characters to be transmitted to the application.

best regards,
      -Patrick

Rex Beckett
      Participant

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your response. A debug version should help to see what is happening. I can work with this offline but my X32 Rack failed (with smoke) yesterday. It will be a few days before I can get Care to fix it and resume testing.

Best regards, Rex

Patrick
      Keymaster

Ouch! Hope it’s easily reparable. Or did you do that on purpose to have a good reason to acquire a WING? 🙂 [too soon in my opinion].

I’ll prepare a debug version tonight.

BR,
      -Patrick

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.